Welcome to the Kentish Hotel
Come in and enjoy a drink in the beautifully refurbished Kentish Hotel, or dine in the Starboard Side Bistro enjoying a view of the estuary
Built in 1851 by Edward Constable who emigrated from Maidstone, Kent in England. Constable then went on to apply to the Colonial Secretary for a Publican's Special Licence and Licence No.47 was granted on January 10th 1853. That same license still continues today and the hotel lays claim to the longest continuous liquor license in New Zealand.
Throughout its long history the Kentish has been at the heart of Waiuku life since it was built. It occupies a central location in Waiuku town, is near the entrance to the Waiuku harbor, and opposite the popular Tamakae reserve which serves as a base for the Waiuku Museum and other attractions